Toccoa Falls waterfall which is a mile and a half from Flat Rock Farm is booked independently of our venue. Many brides and grooms have a ceremony at the Falls and have their reception at Flat Rock Farm, which we are happy to host. If you want to book the waterfall, please contact Toccoa Falls College Wedding Department. Once your date is secure at the Falls, contact us to coordinate your reception needs.
We host events from April 1st through November 30th. During the winter months we can host micro weddings for groups of 30 or less. The venue is available for corporate and special events during the week. Since we do not have an online calendar, please call or text @ 706-491-7300 for available dates. Please do this after you have reviewed our transparent packages and pricing.
All prices are subject to change. Please check out our transparent pricing by clicking here.
We are located at 177 Flat Rock Farm Road, Toccoa, GA 30577. We are two blocks from historic downtown Toccoa, GA and two miles from Toccoa Falls. Atlanta is 1.5 hours from the venue. Flat Rock Farm is located in the foothills of Northeast GA, the playground for outdoor enthusiasts!
Springtime, April through Mid-June can be cool or warm with occasional showers and lots of flowers. Summers, Mid-June through September are warm and verdant. Autumn, late September through November, can be quite colorful with peak leaf season being October and November.
Yes! Please schedule a tour. We schedule tours for Sunday afternoons. Call or text 706-491-7300 to schedule a tour today!
- 25 acre Farm with outstanding views of the Chattahoochee National Forest and the Foothills of Northeast Georgia
- Scenic, groomed hiking trails throughout the acreage with old growth trees, mountain laurel groves, babbling creeks and streams, meadows and small waterfalls
- Access to two wedding areas: A sunny wedding knoll overlooking the North Georgia mountains or a shaded hillside under a majestic cherry tree with a view of rolling hills
- The Honey House pavilion with fairy lights and wagon wheel lighting, wired for music/DJ and can be used for dancing, and set up with appetizers and drink station tables
- The Wedding Cottage that houses general seating, caterer kitchen, two bedrooms and two public bathrooms
- Multiple porches both screened and open with views and comfortable furnishings
- Several open areas to accommodate reception seating with string lights for up to 100 guests
- Industrial farmhouse decor throughout the venue with vintage backdrops and numerous antiques
- Cantina that can accommodate drink needs with rustic spool seating and English Pub decor and Tiffany stained glass lighting
- Tables, chairs, linens, and centerpieces from our decor inventory
- Registry, card and gift stands, portrait vintage ladders, spools, lanterns, signage, flower girl/ring bearer items, etc.
- Access to several cottages for overnight guest stays for an additional charge
- Bridal cottage with wicker and crystal decor
- Groomsman cottage with leather seating and outdoor fire pit
- Venue parking for up to 60 cars with a parking director and attendant
The venue can be used for a 10 or 12-hour period depending on the package on the day of the event between the times of 8:00 AM and 12:00 AM
We do not require specific vendors although we have preferred vendors that are shared with our booked guests. These vendors include caterers, bartenders, florists, bakeries, DJ’s/musicians, wedding coordinators, photographers and officiants. You are free to use your own vendors in every area.
You may choose a caterer from our list or coordinate your own. For small micro events, guests are allowed to bring their own food with prior approval from Flat Rock Farm.
Flat Rock Farm cannot sell or serve alcoholic beverages. We welcome guests to bring their own. We do have a rustic cantina area that serves well as a beverage area and bar. We also have two moveable bars/beverage stations that can be placed where desired on the day of the event. However, we do have a Host Liquor Liability Policy. You may bring your own alcohol to the venue as long as it is monitored by someone serving it.
For any Flat Rock Farm event where alcohol is served, you must obtain a general liability insurance policy in the amount of $1,000,000 per occurrence with host liquor liability with Flat Rock Farm as the certificate holder and as additionally Insured. A copy of this purchased certificate must be emailed to Flat Rock Farm prior to the event. This can be purchased for $125 here.
Flat Rock Farm is within the city limits. There is a city sound ordinance. Loud music must be transitioned to softer music after 10:00 PM
You may find that after touring Flat Rock Farm and viewing our decor, there is no need to bring added decorations. You may bring your own if you choose, however we simply ask that you do not use the following decorative items: feathers, sequence, confetti, glitter, silly spray, birdseed, rice, beads, faux petals, tape, nails, and staples. Push pins work great on our wood interior and command hooks work well on the glass. Open flames are not allowed except outside and with limitations.
Flat Rock Farm has several cottages that can be accessed through AirBnB or VRBO. Guests that have events at Flat Rock Farm are given priority in reserving these cottages. Should they not have need of them for their event, they are open to the public to reserve and book.
Yes, the main venue cottage, porches, and bathrooms are handicap accessible.
No. Because you are our main focus and we want your day to be perfect, we allow one event per day.
Yes. We can accommodate up to 60 vehicles in our lighted parking area. To limit excess parking we ask that guests share rides as much as possible. Younger guests need to be prepared to walk down into the venue. Shuttle service can be provided if needed.
We love animals and we encourage you (the bride and/or groom only) to bring your fur baby on a leash for the ceremony but they must be removed from the venue once the reception begins. However, due to our insurance clause, no pit bulls or partial pitbull breeds are allowed on the premises while guests are present.
Flat Rock Farm is primarily an outdoor venue. Our guests love to have cocktail hour and dinner in our scenic outdoor areas. Should there be inclement weather, cocktail hour and meals take place under our beautiful porches and within the Cantina.
Here are some suggestions for guests to do in the area:
- Toccoa Falls (Higher than Niagara Falls)- 2 minute drive on the campus of Toccoa Falls College.
- Historic Downtown Toccoa- 2 minute drive. Visit restaurants, Antique mall and Currahee Museum (Band of Brothers).
- Tallulah Gorge (Little Grand Canyon of Northeast GA)-20 minute drive. Walk along the rim and see the gorge/waterfalls. OR do the suspension bridge hike and see the Gorge floor. OR get a permit and hike to the bottom and swim at sliding rock!
- Black Rock Mountain State Park- Mountain City, GA (Beautiful view)- 35 minute drive. Drive to the top for a spectacular view and a picnic at the tables overlooking the view.
- Panther Waterfalls/Angel Waterfalls-30 minute drive
- Minnehaha Falls-45 minute drive
- Helen, GA. (Swiss village in the mountains)-45 minute drive. Shops, entertainment, hiking, dining, festivals, wine tasting, views
- Brass Town Bald, GA- (Highest point in GA)-1 hour drive. Drive to parking lot. Either walk to top or take a shuttle for a view of 4 states on a clear day.
- Wine tasting? Check these links out.
We do the clean up. We ask that you remove all personal belongings and put things back where they belong, if moved. Caterers and vendors have guidelines they follow after an event is booked.
A contract and a 50% deposit is required to hold your date. The balance is due 30 days prior to your event. A contract will be sent upon request. Payments can be made by cash, check, Venmo, Zelle, or credit card.
Sometimes unforeseen circumstances arise that prohibit guests from keeping their booked date of event. Therefore, we recommend all booked guests take out cancellation insurance.
You can purchase Event Liability insurance and/or Event Cancellation insurance.
Event Liability Insurance is recommended. Event Cancellation Insurance is optional. The differences are as follows:
Event liability insurance helps protect you if someone causes property damage to the venue or someone is injured at your event.
Event cancellation insurance reimburses you for lost deposits and non-refundable amounts if you have to cancel or postpone your wedding due to unforeseen circumstances, such as:
- Vendor bankruptcy
- Extreme weather
- Military deployment
- Other losses such as lost or damaged wedding gifts, photography or wedding rings
Click here for a link to wedding purchase wedding insurance.
Smoking is allowed outside only with the provided receptacles.
Flat Rock Farm already has a 20’x30′ tent in front of the venue for reception needs. Additional tents can be set up as needed. Because of the amount of string lights already in place, additional lighting cannot be strung up.